February, 2017 Monday
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course
Kennewick, 7130 W. Grandridge Blvd., Bechtel Board Room
Feb 27-Mar 1, 2017
Sponsored by: Impact Washington & TRIDEC Tri-City Development Council
Where: Kennewick, 7130 W. Grandridge Blvd., Bechtel Board Room
When: February 27, 28, (8:00AM-5:00PM) and March 1 (8:00AM-12:00PM)
The new FSMA regulation requires every processing facility to have a trained resource person or “Preventive Controls Qualified Individual” who has completed a specialized training course such as the one developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) that is recognized by the FDA. This person will oversee the implementation of the facility’s food safety plan and other key tasks. (See 21CFR117.180 (c) (1))
Read the FDA Guidelines to determine if and when your food processing operation must adhere to the new FSMA regulations. Link to FSMA Compliance Dates Here
Our 2.5-Day course lead instructor trained with the FSPCA and hold the FSPCA “Certificate of Training” as Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food course, Craig H. Doan (Cert # 434cd82e) is a Food Safety and Food Processing Specialist with Impact Washington and assistant instructor Bill Paugh (River States) a well know Food Safety and Lean Manufacturing expert have more than 60 years combined experience in the food industry.
FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course Agenda
Day One – 8am – 5pm
* Chapter 1: Introduction to Course
* Chapter 2: Food Safety Plan Overview
* Chapter 3: Good Manufacturing Practices and Other Prerequisite Programs
* Chapter 4: Biological Food Safety Hazards
* Chapter 5: Chemical, Physical, and Economically Motivated Food Safety Hazards
* Chapter 6: Preliminary Steps in Developing a Food Safety Plan
Day 2 – 8am – 5pm
* Chapter 7: Hazard Analysis and Preventive Controls Determination
* Chapter 8: Process Preventive Controls
* Chapter 9: Food Allergen Preventive Controls
* Chapter 10: Sanitation Preventive Controls
* Chapter 11: Supply Chain Preventive Controls
Day 3 – 8am – 12 pm
* Chapter 12: Verification and Validation Procedures
* Chapter 14: Record-keeping Procedures & Recall Plan
* Chapter 15: Regulation Overview – cGMP and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human Food
* Chapter 16: Resources for Preparing Food Safety Plans
* Wrap Up
* Who Should Attend
Director/VP Food Safety, Maintenance Managers, Production Supervisors, Production Leads, Sanitation Supervisors, Plant Managers, Quality Assurance coordinators & Managers, Safety
Managers, Training Supervisors, Lead Technicians, Packaging Supervisors & Managers, Regulatory Personnel.
* The workshop fee covers all course materials including an FSCPA Participant Manual.
* One lead instructor and one assistant instructor offer a high quality training environment and more opportunities for individual attention.
* Interactive team exercises enhance learning environment.
* Registered Certificate of Training issued by AFDO. (proof that the participant was trained under an FDA recognized curriculum. 21CFR117.180 (c) (1)).
* The workshop cost includes a $50 certificate fee by AFDO.
* Continental breakfast each day, lunch, snacks, coffee, soda and tea.
* Please request special dietary needs in advance during the registration process.
* The workshop fee is $720/person.
* Registrants who cancel 7 or more business days prior to the workshop will receive a full refund. Registrants who cancel less than 7 business days prior to the workshop will be charged a minimum of 50% of the workshop fee. No show will be charged the full workshop fee.