March, 2017 Monday
Lean Enterprise Certificate Program Develop Internal Lean Champions!
Classes begin March 13th in the Spokane/Post Falls area.
Companies that realize sustained success implementing Lean know that developing their employees’ capabilities to lead continuous improvement efforts is key to that success. The Lean Enterprise Certificate Program arms participants with demonstrated understanding of the Lean Body of Knowledge, and provides them hands on practice applying Lean tools and strategies.
Benefits to an Organization
• Development of Internal Lean Champions
• Enables employee involvement in sustained continuous improvement
• Helps an organization build a Lean Transformation The Program
• 7 days of instruction over 7 weeks including the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) exam.
• Provides Lean training and experience to those individuals who then can play the roles of “Lean Champions” for their organizations with a curriculum comprised of 32 hours of classroom and 24 hours of project application. Participants earn a certificate of completion.
• The training will be combined with tours of local companies employing best practices in order to demonstrate and visualize Lean techniques in practice.
• Participants receive and must read the following texts: Lean Thinking by James Womack and Daniel Jones, Gemba Kaizen by Masaaki Imai, Lean Production Simplified by Pascal Dennis and Learning to See by Mike Rother and John Shook. An additional text, Toyota Kata, by Mike Rother is also included. In addition, instructional manuals that reflect the classroom presentations will be provided.
• A three-hour test from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) based on the instructional material and the required texts is administered at the end of the program where participants demonstrate understanding of the Lean Body of Knowledge.
This certified test completion, along with additional project hours can be applied towards a Bronze Level Certification, and career progression for silver and gold certification (listed at www.sme.org). Each Lean Enterprise Certificate Program (LECP) participant will:
• Have demonstrated knowledge of the Lean Body of Knowledge
• Apply their learning to their organization with a practicum project
• Go back to their organization equipped to help champion continuous improvement
Classes begin March 13th in the Spokane/Post Falls area. .
Classes are held 1 day a week for 7 weeks.
LECP certified students are those who have successfully met the LECP requirements of reading the 4 prescribed books, completing 5 days of theory and simulation training, performing a minimum of 24 hours of work on an internal Lean project, and successfully completing SME’s Bronze test. Successful completion of the test is the first step in going on to meet the requirements of SME’s Bronze, Silver and Gold certification requirements. LECP Curriculum.
Day 1 – 13MAR Spokane Valley Introduction to Lean Manufacturing (Lean 101). This consists of an introductory seminar combining the theory of LEAN Manufacturing with a live simulation that incorporates and applies the theory.
Day 2 – 20MAR Post Falls ID Introduction to the Theory of Value Stream Mapping, Workplace Organization and Standardization, 5-S and Cellular Flow, Lean Applied in Office Environments.
Day 3 – 27MAR Spokane Valley Set-Up Reduction/Quick Changeover, Pull/Kanban and Total Production Maintenance, Lean Champion Development, Kaizen Events.
Day 4 and 5 – 3APR Post Falls 11APR S.V. (Tuesday class) Problem Solving, Process Design, Quality, Productivity & Delivery Measures Product Development and Leadership & High Performing Teams. The Daily Improvement “Kata” Discipline is incorporated into the training.
Day 6 – 17APR Post Falls Practicum: In addition to the presentation of the Theory of Lean, students will be assigned to work with a team on a practical application of a key component of Lean Transformation. Students will present their projects.
Day 7 -24APR Post Falls Short review, Q&A and the Society of Manufacturing Engineers Lean Bronze Exam. Company Tours & Exam Preparation are interspersed among the days of instruction outlined above. In order to demonstrate and visualize lean techniques in practice, the class will tour local companies that have already embarked on their Lean journey and are working to employ best practices.
For more information please contact Impact Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org
$1995 per participant inclusive of texts, manuals, and SME Bronze exam.
Lunch provided. Classes are to be held 1 day a week for 7 weeks.
First class is March 13, 2017 in Spokane Valley