October, 2018 Monday
Lean Enterprise Certificate Program – Kalama, Wa. – October 29th, 2018 – February 25th, 2019
Kalama, WA, TBD
Lean Enterprise Certificate Program
October 29, November 12, December 3, January 7 & 21, February 11 & 25.
TBD, Kalama, Wa.
Develop Internal Lean Champions!
Companies that realize sustained success implementing Lean know that developing their employees’ capabilities to lead continuous improvement efforts is key to that success. This Lean Enterprise Certificate Program arms participants with a demonstrated understanding of the Lean Body of Knowledge, and provides them hands on practice applying Lean tools and strategies.
Benefits to an Organization:
- Development of Internal Lean Champions
- Enables employee involvement in sustained continuous improvement
- Helps an organization build a Lean Transformation
- 6 days of instruction spaced approximately two weeks apart plus the Society of Manufacturing Engineers Knowledge Exam day.
- Provides Lean training and experience to those individuals who then can play the roles of “Lean Champions” for their organizations with a curriculum comprised of 48 hours of classroom. During the course, students are encouraged to apply their skills on a project at their organization. For the participants that choose to do this, the Impact Washington provides coaching. Participants earn a certificate of completion.
- The training will be combined with tours of local companies who are at varying stages of their Lean journey. This allow the participants to visualize how Lean techniques could be deployed in a real situation.
- Participants receive and must read the following texts: Lean Thinking by James Womack and Daniel Jones, Gemba Kaizen by Masaaki Imai, Lean Production Simplified by Pascal Dennis and Learning to See by Mike Rother and John Shook. An additional text, Toyota Kata, by Mike Rother is also included. In addition, instructional manuals that reflect the classroom presentations will be provided.
- A three-hour exam from the Society of Manufacturing Engineers based on the instructional material and the required texts is administered at the end of the program where participants demonstrate understanding of the Lean Body of Knowledge. This certified test completion along with additional project hours can be applied towards a Bronze Level Certification, and career progression for silver and gold certification (listed at www.sme.org).
Each Lean Enterprise Certificate Program (LECP) participant will:
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the Lean Body of Knowledge
- Apply their learning to their organization with a practicum project
- Go back to their organization equipped to help champion continuous improvement
LECP certified students are those who have successfully met the LECP requirements of reading the 5 prescribed books, completing 6 days of theory and simulation training, and successfully completing the SME Lean Knowledge exam. Successful completion of the test is the first step in going on to meet the requirements of SME’s Bronze, Silver and Gold certification requirements.
Introduction to LEAN Manufacturing. This consists of an introductory seminar combining the theory of LEAN Manufacturing with a live simulation that incorporates and applies the theory.
Introduction to the Theory of Value Stream Mapping, Workplace Organization and Standardization, 5-S and Cellular Flow, LEAN Applied in Office Environments.
Set-Up Reduction/Quick Changeover, Pull/Kanban and Total Production Maintenance Event Planning.
Day 4 & 5
LEAN Champion Development, Kaizen, Problem Solving, Process Design, Quality, Productivity & Delivery Measures Product
Development and Leadership & High Performing Teams. The Daily Improvement “Kata” Discipline.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers Lean Knowledge Exam.
Company Tours & Exam Preparation are interspersed among the days of instruction outlined above.
$1995 per participant inclusive of texts, manuals, and SME Bronze exam. Lunch provided. First class is October 29th, 2018.