Strategic leader with 20 years of experience in successful program management and team performance across a wide array of initiatives, including international trade and investment as well as economic and community development programs.
Washington State Department of Commerce, Managing Director of Business Development – 2013 – Present
- Responsible for attracting investment to Washington State through business recruitment, retention, and expansion initiatives. Manage a business recruitment pipeline of 70-100 ongoing projects in a variety of industry sectors with the potential to create nearly 10,000 new jobs and bring $5.6 billion dollars of capital investment to communities throughout Washington State. Participate in key meetings, events, and missions, both domestically and abroad, in order to cultivate and develop business investment opportunities for Washington.
Highline College, Economic Development Manager/Adjunct Business Faculty – 2008 – 2013
- Developed and managed the global trade and supply chain management program in order to promote workforce development throughout the Puget Sound region.
- Delivered comprehensive and innovative curriculum to a diverse study body as adjunct faculty member for the International Business Department.
- Developed, coordinated, and managed the Business Attraction Program for five cities in Southwest King County, the Port of Seattle, King County, and Highline Community College, in order to enhance business growth as well as real estate investment and development in the region.
King County Executive’s Office – Office of Business Relations and Economic Development, Project Manager – 2003-2008
- Managed export promotion and international trade programs, including export symposia for the business community as well as international trade opportunities via overseas missions and collaborations with statewide offices.
Washington State Community Economic Revitalization Board – Ex Officio Board Member; Washington State China Relations Council – Board Member; Washington Economic Development Finance Authority – Board Member; World Trade Club of Seattle – Past President and Board Member; Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle – Former Advisory Council Member; Seattle University/Albers Graduate School of Business and Economics – Former Global Business Advisory Board Member.