Protect your Information through Cyber Security
Our small business cybersecurity consulting and provides manufacturers with strategic leadership, security strategy, compliance guidance, and risk management advice, training and program implementation.
If you're interested in learning more about our cyber security consulting and solutions, reach out to us through the contact form in the lower left.
Manufacturers must manage risk and establish a cybersecurity protocol to protect critical assets. The vulnerabilities exploited by cybercriminals can shut down your operations. This requires your company to spend thousands of dollars on enhancing security measures and reassuring customers you're still trustworthy.
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the manufacturing industry is the second most targeted industry when you look at the number of reported cyber-attacks. Why? Cybercriminals view small and medium-sized manufacturers as prime targets precisely because many of these companies do not have adequate preventative measures in place.
With more than 289,000 small manufacturers in the United States, small manufacturers are a vital part of our nation's economic and cyberinfrastructure. For most small manufacturers, the security of information, systems, and networks is not the highest priority. Still, a breach can be detrimental to the business, customers, or suppliers.
Our cybersecurity consulting services help businesses with risk management, penetration testing, cloud security, cyber defense, network security, data security, incident response, and more.
Security Assessment and Audit
One of the challenges manufacturers often face regarding cyber threats is that they’re not sure how vulnerable they really are and where their security risks are. We help companies understand where their company lands in meeting its cybersecurity needs and outline a customized security program. You can get started using the MEP National NetworkTM Cybersecurity Assessment Tool to self-assess the level of risk to your business.
If the assessment shows issues that exist in any part of your cybersecurity program and weakness reside in areas outlined in the NIST 800-171 Cybersecurity Framework, we can help. Our security consulting services are specifically tailored to manage security risks for your business.
The first step to making a change is knowing a problem exist. Our information security consulting can help your business move towards a robust and sustainable program.
Five Steps to Reduce Cyber Risks
Leading organizations use these simple, low-cost steps to reduce cyber risks. These steps are based on NIST guidance from the cybersecurity Framework. And have been tailored to meet the needs of small companies so they can identify, assess, and manage cybersecurity risks.
- Identify and control who has access to business information
- Conduct background checks
- Require individual user accounts for each employee
- Create policies and procedures for cybersecurity
- Train employees and limit employee access to data
- Install surge protectors and uninterruptible power supplies
- Patch operating systems and applications routinely
- Install and activate firewalls on all business networks
- Secure wireless access points and networks
- Set up web and email filters
- Use encryption for sensitive information
- Dispose of old computers and media safely
- Install and update anti-virus, anti-spyware, and other anti-malware programs
- Maintain and monitor logs
- Note unusual password activity
- Develop and maintain a plan for disasters and cyber incidents
- Notify your customers and the authorities
- Make full backups of important business data and information
- Schedule incremental backups
- Improve processes, procedures, and technologies