Geoff Lawrence – Account Executive/Project Manager, South Puget Sound and Olympic Peninsula
Geoff has been affiliated with Impact Washington since 2006, including 10 years on the Board of Directors, many of those serving on the Executive Committee. His professional experience is broad with 40+ years in operations management, technical sales and marketing and senior management with various companies, primarily related to papermaking and process automation.
- BS in Paper Science & Engineering, Miami University, Oxford Ohio
- MBA, University of Washington
- President of the Board, The Mountaineers, Seattle WA
- President, Economic Development Corporation for Pierce County
- As President of a small Washington manufacturing company, Lawrence and his team reversed a 5-year cycle of losses, achieving profitability within 2 years with a “back-to-
basics” strategy of reengineering product mix, rationalizing staff, and reconfiguring sales channels.
- Orchestrated the integration of a public industrial automation company acquired by a multinational German company, and serving as its President established the global
headquarters of the resulting wholly-owned subsidiary in Los Gatos, CA.
- Serving as General Manager and co-principal of a Washington manufacturing company, he introduced and championed numerous successful efficiency improvement initiatives and led
projects to build two manufacturing facilities to support the company’s 100%+ growth in an 8-year period.
- Served in various executive and sales positions in the US and abroad with an innovative, rapid growth VC-funded industrial automation startup. With responsibility for Asian
market, grew revenues to 30% of company’s total sales in 3-year period.