Impact Washington Seeks New President
President Job Description
Reports to: Impact Washington Board of Directors
Impact Washington (Washington’s Manufacturing Extension Partnership) offers business, operational and other consulting services to support small and medium-sized manufacturing clients throughout Washington State. We bring decades of experience with our consulting disciplines that include lean enterprise, strategic planning, leadership and management, finance and accounting, inventory management, supply chain management, technology acceleration, cybersecurity, agricultural processing technical support and food safety training, and business transition planning, among others.
As the President of Impact Washington (IW), you secure resources and funding, provide leadership and growth opportunities to your team, prepare budgets, lead strategic and tactical planning and execution. You will represent Impact Washington to partners, educational institutions, legislative professionals, and the community. This position plays a crucial role in building relationships with Federal, State, and regional partners as well as manufacturers and industry groups.
Responsibilities & Essential Job Functions:
Executive & Strategic Management
- The President leads all business strategies, initiatives, program events and activities, including managing and evolving the business model with respect to allocation of resources, deployment of staff, approach to market and financial structure.
- You will develop and implement a multi-year strategic plan for the corporation and provide strategic direction and oversight to plan and meet staffing levels, daily activities, and performance expectations.
- Ensuring Impact Washington is responsive to the needs of Washington’s small and mid-sized manufacturers is a key part of this role.
As President, you will build and cultivate effective relationships with Federal and State officials and agencies, legislators, public/nonprofit and private/third-party individuals and organizations to further IW’s objectives, advance public policy, and develop and diversify funding to achieve sustainability and growth and ensure continued cooperation and support.
- The President will help establish an effective organizational structure and direct programs and personnel to maximize efficiency and increase productivity while supporting the company’s mission and business model
- You will effectively lead a high performing staff with a hands-on approach in regards to coaching, developing, mentoring, compensating and retaining exceptional talent, along with directing, planning, and overseeing policies, objectives, and activities to maximize return on investments and accomplish the mission in a fiscally sound manner.
- Directing and leading the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, managing costs while improving programs and services are essential job requirements.
- The President is responsible for building and implementing an annual operating plan and budget that is consistent with the strategic plan and measurable outcomes, along with ensuring that the corporation follows legal responsibilities.
- You will inform the Board of operational matters and appropriately influence Board decisions in the best interest of the organization.
- The President will build, plan and resource project activities to further IW’s mission.
Communications and Public Presence
- Your role as President is to act as an ambassador for Impact Washington in public and private settings. You will pursue speaking engagements with businesses, communities and educational organizations as appropriate and participate in sales opportunities with key accounts.
- The President will develop and direct the implementation of a marketing plan that supports sales and responds effectively to changing economic conditions.
- Publish announcements and news releases, serve on committees and engage in other activities to build the IW brand and support for its mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering/technology, finance, organizational development or related field is required. Graduate degree is preferred.
- A track record of business management with P&L responsibility is required.
- General knowledge of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is required.
- Knowledge of, or working experience with, Washington manufacturers, manufacturing operations and Lean Enterprise and other improvement techniques is required.
- 10 years of experience in, or directly related to, a leadership role in manufacturing organizations is highly desired.
- An aggressive for-profit mentality and background, along with an understanding of nonprofit organizations, including the economic importance of and challenges to the nonprofit sector; awareness of the legal responsibilities and constraints of such organizations is highly desired
- A customer-focused mindset and the ability to develop and influence partner relationships with a broadly defined stakeholder audience including government agencies and legislative representatives is desired.
- Innovative thinker with keen business insight for strategy development, and initiative to drive financial and operational growth.
- Skilled at developing, implementing, and evaluating programs, policies, and procedures with an inclination towards performance metrics and results; demonstrated ability to establish high-reaching goals, motivate, coach and develop high-performing teams.
- Clear and persuasive written communications and ability to speak well in private and group settings to a wide variety of audiences.
- Resolve for upholding the highest level of integrity.
- Proficient in using electronic communication and productivity tools such as customer relationship management, accounting applications, and Microsoft Office products.
- Competitive salary, 100% premium paid health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance for employee and up to three dependents, up to 5% dollar-to-dollar retirement savings plan match, and generous paid time off and holidays.
About Impact Washington
Incorporated as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation in 1997, Impact Washington (IW) provides high performance business and technical assistance to Washington’s small to mid-sized manufacturers. IW is an integral part of Washington’s statewide manufacturing strategy, as it seeks to transform the factory floor and beyond to create a ripple effect of positive sustainable impact on businesses, the workforce and the community. As one of a network of 50 independent but collaborating MEP centers nationwide, IW can bring integrated and standardized services and training to the manufacturing community that benefit from industry driven best processes and practices. Partnering with state partners as well as economic development organizations across the state, IW brings its expertise to a wide variety of Washington manufacturing companies, with services tailored to meet each company’s most critical needs. IW’s consulting practice is guided by the principles and methods that underlie the Toyota Production System and are commonly known as lean.
Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) is a resource area of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). For more information about IW, see http://www.impactwashington.org.
At Impact Washington, we know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees and our community to flourish. IW is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or Veteran status.
Interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter, and completed application (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for accepting applications is July 6th, 2018.