AfforDable lean/green approach to reduce waste, improve quality In Your Organization
Companies who are struggling to find new and untapped low-cost opportunities to reduce their organization’s energy and environmental impacts will benefit from participating in one our W.A.S.T.E Coaching Programs. The programs are designed to offer organizations an affordable way to learn and get support in implementing a successful Lean Six Sigma project into their organization. Both programs deliver operational and environmental cost reductions.
Lean and Six Sigma both rely on a continuous improvement culture to remove process waste. When applied to environmental wastes, these methods help uncover opportunities and inefficiencies in your facility that fall outside traditional approaches. Results lead to pollution prevention, energy reduction, help navigate regulatory and permitting issues, improve worker morale and engagement, improve public and customer image, reduce operating costs, and improve process efficiency.
(W.A.S.T.E) WATER, AIR EMISSIONS, SOLID WASTE, TOXINS, ENERGY Coaching PROGRAMS
There are two tiers of Coaching support
One is a Gemba walk program for companies that are limited on their resources, and the other is a full project for those that want more support and can commit the resources to it.
W.A.S.T.E. Project program will involve 5-10 interested organizations that will meet regularly to reduce your facility’s environmental impacts and costs. We will help your project team of 2-4 people identify an environmental project at your facility with support from your top management. Through customized training and coaching/ support calls, we will help you navigate through the DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) roadmap to apply Lean and Six Sigma methods to complete an improvement project. Projects can focus on reducing chemicals, water, energy, hazardous waste, air emissions, or solid waste. Support calls will ensure project progress, answer questions, and support the project through completion. Lean and Green certificate from Ecology provided upon completion of the program/project. Program Starts March 31st
W.A.S.T.E./Gemba Walk program is aimed to help organizations that would like to get started with Lean and Green but cannot commit to a full project. The program will involve 5-10 interested organizations that will complete online training and meet to identify some quick wins to reduce facility’s environmental impacts and costs. We will help your project team of 1-2 people identify an area within your facility to conduct a structured Gemba walk with a team to identify opportunities to reduce chemicals, water, energy, hazardous waste, air emissions, or solid waste. Support calls will ensure project progress, answer questions, and support the project through completion. Lean and Green certificate from Ecology provided upon completion of the program/project. Program Starts - May 12th
"We can’t thank Impact Washington and the Washington State Department of Ecology enough for their support and guidance as we worked through reducing the use of toxic chemicals, prevent pollution, increase energy efficiency, and waste management best practices."
-Brandon Sizemore, Managing Director, Founder's Choice Cabinetry
||W.A.S.T.E Full Project
||2 per month (6 total)
||2-4 per month (20 total)
|Coaching Session Time
|Project Work Estimation
|Time Per Team Member
|Cost Per Organization
|Participants per organization
|Cost Savings Estimation
|Max # of Companies
Each company will identify and complete a project that can achieve top management support and aligns with environmental goals.
The goal for each engagement is to save at least $1000 (W.A.S.T.E. Walk) or $5,000 (W.A.S.T.E. Project) or each organization. Previous successes include:
- Columbia Paint & Coatings recovered 49,200 lbs per year of paint solids from wash water. They reduced wastewater by 36,900 gallons per year based on a few Lean and environment events.
- Woodfold Manufacturing reduced volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions by nearly 1,000 lbs per year. It diverted 6 tons per year of solid PVC waste from the landfill through opportunities identified in a value stream mapping event.
- Receive coaching on an existing project to keep it on track or kick-off a project with expert guidance and support.
- Learn from weekly coaching calls with Lean Six Sigma and Department of Ecology experts
- Learn popular Lean and Six Sigma methods and understand how they apply in your facility
- Present a successful Lean Six Sigma project that reduces an environmental impact in your facility
- Achieve a Lean and Green certificate
- Integrate environmental and energy considerations and benefits into future continuous improvement efforts
THIS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR:
- Process, Manufacturing and Industrial Engineers
- Environmental Health and Safety managers and engineers
- Sustainability professionals
- Manufacturing Technicians
- Facility Managers
- Production Managers
- Operations Managers
- Process Improvement Specialists and Consultants