Workforce Education Team Policy Associate, Economic Development
Peter brings a wealth of experience developing career pathways for local resident communities to access family-wage jobs in the building and construction trades. He also has extensive experience working with pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs. He has also had an active role in promoting diversity initiatives for Tacoma’s low-income housing residents.
- Local Employment and Apprenticeship Training Program (LEAP) Project Manager in the Community & Economic Development Department, City of Tacoma, WA. 2003 – present.
- He holds a BS in Political Science from Westmont College and a JD from Santa Barbara College of Law.
Professional & Community Activities
- Has had an active role in promoting diversity initiatives for Tacoma’s low-income residents.
- Serves on the Workforce Central WDC.
- Has partnered with Pierce County community and technical colleges on successful grant applications.
- Serves as member and chair of the Construction Center of Excellence advisory committee.
- Chairs the Bates Technical College General Advisory Committee.
- Serves on Clover Park’s Career and Technical Advisory Committee.
- Is a member of Pierce College’s Workforce Advisory Committee.
Chairs the Diversity Oversight Committee for Sound Transit.